Is this you?
You and I both want to know if you are in the right place – and this is where we're going to find out. Here are 6 ways to know if you are the kind of person who might enjoy reading this blog.
4 Things about you, your family, and sustainable living...
- You go out of your way to feed your family real, nourishing food. You know that if you're in a position to choose, what you choose to eat influences how we use the world.
- You care, deeply, about the world we're leaving behind. You want your children and grandchildren to inherit a world of healthy soil and clean air, teeming oceans and wild tigers, and intact communities where the pace is slow and people laugh a lot.
- You want to raise children who can think for themselves; you get that personal sovereignty is a key to being able to treat others with compassion (as opposed to feeling the need to defend, attack, or exploit).
- You're committed to developing/practicing useful skills. You prefer to care for yourself and your family without undue reliance on wasteful, toxic products, or outside experts and institutions who think they know better than you do what's good for your family.
4 Things about you personally...
- Strong relationships, a sense of purpose and self-reliance, and a connection to nature are in your recipe for happiness and fulfillment. Faster screens, owning more stuff, or impressing your friends on Facebook, are not.
- You want to live a life designed by you, based on real values, not a life that's prescribed for you by the quick-fix culture that surrounds us. You value personal autonomy and you get that individual sovereignty is linked to sovereignty at every other level -- family, community, food, local business, etc.
- You're into some degree of self-reflection, possibly a large degree. You're aware that the better you know yourself, the more deeply you'll be able to live, love, and when necessary, lead. You know that change begins within; that hoping others will change to make up for our own inadequacies is a losing game.
- Sometimes you feel lost, overwhelmed, lonely, disconnected, mad, scared, hurting, or all of the above and then some — because you know in your bones that something is deeply wrong with the consumption-driven, industrialized, digitalized narrative we're inhabiting and you're not always sure what to do about it.
Are you still with me?
If none of that sounded anything like you then thanks for dropping by, but this blog really isn't for you.
On the other hand if that description was close to the mark then you and I have a lot to talk about. If that's the case, I sincerely hope you'll join me as a subscriber.
This was part of a series of pages about ARealGreenLife. The next page in the series is What is a real green life?